The Mass Edit is a new feature developed by ecratum to provide you with an ability to mass update product document and supplier document tasks by using one single action. Instead of working on tasks one by one, you can perform actions in bulk with your product document and supplier document tasks.
Using the Mass Edit feature will make it easier for you to take actions with the product document and supplier document tasks.
In order to use the Mass Edit for your product document tasks, you need to be using PDoc Collect Basic product. If you want to use the feature for your supplier document tasks, your company needs to hold a custom plan subscription that contains the Supplier Documentation module and you need to be given the permissions required to work with this particular module.
After fulfilling the requirements described above, you can start getting benefit from Mass Edit. The actions that are offered to you to take with product document or supplier document tasks while using Mass Edit are listed as:
- Archive Tasks: If you do not want to keep a task among your currently active tasks any longer, you can archive it. Mass Edit enables you to archive multiple tasks in any status at once. Find out more about the status of the tasks in ecratum: How to manage my product documentation
- Accept Tasks: If the file that your supplier has provided corresponds to the task that you sent them, you can accept it and end the task life cycle for that specific task. Besides accepting a file uploaded, you can also accept the case where your supplier states they do not have the document you requested. With Mass Edit, you can accept multiple tasks which are in the status of Review or Not Provided.
- Reject Documents: When the file that your supplier has provided is not what you requested, you can reject it and expect your supplier to respond to the rejection. The Mass Edit feature lets you reject documents in bulk so that you do not have to enter a rejection text for each task separately which is the needed way while rejecting a single task.
- Renew Tasks: If you want your suppliers to revalidate the documents of the tasks that are in the status of Accepted, Mass Edit allows you to choose multiple tasks with that status and you can renew them. When you renew tasks, the receivers of those tasks need to revalidate the documents that they uploaded previously.
- Renew Documents: When you have accepted a document that your supplier uploaded for a product document or supplier document task and you now want your supplier to upload a new document for that task, you can request them to provide a new document by using the action of renewing document. When the request to renew document is created, the previously uploaded document expires and your supplier has to upload a new document. Instead of taking this action on each task one by one, by using Mass Edit, you can select multiple tasks that you want the respective suppliers to renew the documents provided for those tasks.
An example case of using the Mass Edit feature for product document task is given below:
- To start with Mass Edit, you need to go to the Product Document Status page where all the product document tasks sent to your suppliers are listed along with their status. To reach this page, click on the Product Documentation sidebar item under the PDoc Collect section. Each product document task displayed on this page has a checkbox to let you mark when you want to select a particular task on which you want to work by using Mass Edit.
- You can select one or more tasks by marking their respective checkboxes on this page. If you want to select all the tasks shown on the page, you can mark the checkbox on the top of the list and then proceed with selecting the preferred action to take with those tasks.
- After marking one or multiple checkboxes, there will be a drop-down button named Bulk Actions pops up on the page. By clicking on this button, you will be provided with a list of actions that you can take with the selected tasks depending on their status as described above.
- In order to easily list the tasks that you want to take the same action with, you can use the filter. To filter some particular tasks, click on the Show/Hide Filter button and query your search criteria. For instance, if you want to accept some tasks which are in the status of Review, select Review in the status bar of the filter.
- Then, continue with marking the checkboxes of the tasks that you want to accept.
- Click on the Bulk Actions button and select the Accept Tasks option.
- After pressing the Accept Tasks option, you will be asked to confirm this action via a modal displayed on the page that indicates the number of the tasks that you selected and requests you to confirm your action. To proceed, click on the Accept Tasks button and those tasks that you selected will be accepted.
- When you want to view the tasks that you accepted by using the Mass Edit feature, you can search for them in Product Document Status page through filtering your query by Accepted as the status. You will see that those tasks that you wanted to accept by using Mass Edit are now in the status of Accepted.
In the same manner done with the product document tasks, you can use the Mass Edit feature for your supplier document tasks if your company holds a subscription of a custom plan that contains the Supplier Documentation module and you have the permissions to work with this module. To work on multiple document tasks at once, take the following actions:
- Click on the Supplier Documentation sidebar item under the Module Status. Here, you can view the list of the document tasks that you sent to your suppliers.
- You can mark the checkboxes of the document tasks that you want to work on by using Mass Edit and select the action that you want to take with them through pressing on an action listed out of the Bulk Actions button.