To start using the Upload by Email feature as a customer, you need to take the following steps:
- After having the feature available in your ecratum account, you will be provided with a sidebar entry called Upload by Email. By clicking on this sidebar item, you will be landed on the page created for the feature.
- You are now on the page for Upload by Email that stores all the files sent to your company via an email. To start actively using the feature, firstly you need to share the email address given to your company account with your preferred suppliers. These suppliers can send their files to that specific email address and all those files will be stored in the page for the Upload by Email feature.
- To view the email address with which you provided, you can either click on the How does it work button or the Sharing Email button. Keep in mind that How does it work will not be displayed once you start receiving files via an email but Sharing Email button will be available on the page regardless you receive files or not.
- After clicking on the How does it work or the Sharing Email buttons, you will have a modal on the page that contains the email address given to your company to be used with the Upload by Email feature. Here, there are a couple of points you need to consider while using the feature:
- You need to share this email address with your suppliers through your preferred communication channel. To do that click on the Copy To Clipboard button and distribute the email address by pasting it to the preferred communication channel with your suppliers.
- When the email address is shared with a supplier, they need to upload their files in only PDF format and send them to that email address.
- The body of the email that they sent is discarded by ecratum. Only the file, the sender's email address and the date are taken into the account.
- Anytime your supplier sends a file to your email address provided for the Upload by Email feature, you will receive a notification about it in ecratum App. By clicking on the notification icon located on the right top corner next to the company name, you will view the notification about the file uploaded by email and after pressing the Details button, you will land on the page for the feature and get the details about the provided file.
- You can now view the file provided by your supplier to you via email on the Upload by Email page. If that file corresponds to at least one pending task that you sent to that particular supplier or other suppliers, you can assign the file to those pending tasks. In order to assign the uploaded file to the matching tasks, click on the Assign To Tasks button of the specific file.
- On the view to assign a file to tasks, you will be able to view the uploaded file, the company sent it and pending product document tasks that you sent to that particular company. Here, you can perform the following actions:
- Marking the checkbox of the matching product tasks you want the received file to assign to. Tip: If you mark the checkbox on the top, all listed product & document type pairs will be marked.
- After marking the matching product & document type pair, click on the Assign Documents button. By pressing this button, you will be presented two options:
- You can assign the file to the marked product & document type pairs and accept those tasks
- You can assign the file to the marked product & document type pairs and review those tasks in a later time.
- Depending on your preference, choose one of the actions to take with the tasks.
- After assigning a file to one or multiple product document tasks, you can view that the file is assigned to at least a task by clicking on the Assigned tab on the page for Upload by Email. If the file still has matching tasks, you can simply assign it with other matching tasks by clicking on the Assign To Tasks button and repeating the steps described above.
- You can always check the status of the task that you assign with a file uploaded by email by going to the Product Document Status page which can be navigated by clicking on the pdoc collect sidebar item and pressing Product Documentation in the menu.
- On the Product Document Status page, filter your search by the company that provided the file to you via email, (you can also use other filter options if needed).
- The task that was accepted via the Upload by Email feature is shown in the image given below.
In addition to receiving files from your customers to the provided company email address directly, you can forward all the files that you collect from your suppliers to this email address. Since all the files sent to your company email address will be stored in the Upload by Email page, you can work on those files on behalf of your suppliers.
- While assigning the files to the pending product document tasks, you can associate files received from a particular email address to a supplier. That means anytime a file is received from that email address, the selected supplier will be the company that is associated with the email address and the pending product tasks that you sent to that company will be displayed to you to make matches.
- To associate an email address that sent you a file with a supplier of yours, click on the drop-down menu that shows all the companies you are connected to.
- Then, proceed with selecting the preferred company from the list and marking the matching product document tasks listed which are in the status of pending.
- Complete your action by clicking on the Assign Documents button and then selecting the preferred option which could be either accepting the marked task(s) or reviewing them in a later time.
If you do not want to associate the files received from the stated sender email address to the company selected from the drop-down menu, unmark the checkbox concerning it.
Learn about how your suppliers can work with Upload by Email: