Requesting company related documentation from your supplier corresponds to sending a document task in ecratum. By sending a document task to your suppliers, you can collect and manage supplier documentation in a central place.
In this article, the information about how to create document tasks and actions occur as the follow-up to the sent tasks with the following sections:
- Sending document tasks
- Reacting to your supplier’s response
Sending document tasks
Sending document tasks to your suppliers is enabled in different ways:
- You can send a document task to per supplier manually
- You can send document tasks to multiple suppliers at once by using the automation feature
Sending document tasks manually
There are some prerequisites that you need to fulfil to send document tasks manually to your suppliers.
- You need to have at least a document type selected.
Find out more about how you can select document types: How to select document types for document tasks
- You need to have at least one supplier that you are connected to in ecratum.
Once you fulfil those prerequisites, you can start sending document tasks to your suppliers manually by taking the following steps:
- Start with hovering your mouse over the Add New Task button and select the Document Task button.
The Document Task option is available only your company account holds the subscription of a Custom Plan and as a user, you are given the permissions to work with Supplier Documentation.
- You are now taken to the page where you need to select the following attributes to create and send a document task:
- A receiver company for your task
- A document type
If the document type you want to select is not shown in the list of already selected document types, click on Add document type which takes you to the page that you can select and add document types that you want to work with. Then, come back to the page that you create a document task and refresh the page. You will see that newly added document type is listed among the document types already selected.
- After completing the selection of the receiver company and the document type, press the Create button and the document task will be sent to the receiver company.
Sending document tasks via the automation
In addition to sending document tasks on an individual basis, you can use the automation feature to collect supplier documentation from multiple suppliers at once.
Find out step by step how you can use the automation feature to send document tasks:
Reacting to your supplier’s response
After sending a document task, it arrives in the Inbox of your supplier in ecratum App. For all the tasks that you send to your suppliers, you can communicate about them by sending an instant message and leaving public comments.
Once your supplier receives a document task from you, the following scenarios happen, depending on the actions taken by them:
The supplier provides the correct document
The file that your supplier uploaded for your document task can be found immediately in your Inbox with the status of Review.
After clicking on the document task, you will be taken to the detailed task view where you can find all the details about that task and actions to take with it.
If the file provided by your supplier is the correct document that you requested, you can accept it by clicking on the Accept button.
You can continue to view the task and the accepted document anytime you want by going to the Supplier Documentation page which can be navigated through clicking on the Module Status in the sidebar and then clicking on Supplier Documentation. On this page, all the supplier documentation that you request and collect from your suppliers are listed along with their attributes like the company, document type, status and so on.
Learn more about viewing your supplier documents:
The supplier provides the incorrect document
If the file provided by your supplier is not the document you requested, then, you can reject it and your supplier will be requested to upload a new file. Rejecting a document can be done by taking the given steps:
- Go to the detailed view of the task and click on the Reject button.
- After pressing Reject, you will be asked to enter a comment that explains why the document is rejected.
- Press the Reject File button to confirm the rejection after writing your comment.
Once you reject a document, the corresponding document task will be sent back to your supplier’s Inbox with the status of Rejected. At this point, they can either upload a new file or state that they do not have the document you requested.
The supplier does not have the requested document
When your supplier does not have the document that you requested, they have the option to inform you that they do not have it.
For a supplier, stating that they do not have the requested document can be done by clicking on the I don’t have this document button on the detailed task view of them and writing an explanation.
After your supplier states that they do not have that document, the task will be sent back to you with the status of Not Provided. In this case, it is up to you to acknowledge this response or re-request the task which means sending the same task to your supplier again.
- If you press the Acknowledge button, it will end the task life cycle and the status of the task will be Accepted ND.
- If you click Re-request, you need to write an explanation about why you are re-requesting the document and the task will be sent back again to your supplier with the status of Re-requested.