You are enabled to add a comment to each task that you send to your business partners or receive from them. For that reason, in the detailed view of each task in ecratum, there is a button called Add Comment. When this button is clicked, there are two options displayed:
- Business Partner
When the Business Partner option is selected, the comment you will add to a task will be visible to your suppliers and users from your company account that have access to that particular task.
To add a comment that will be visible to your business partner:
- Click on the Business Partner option of the Add Comment button.
- Type your comment into the modal displayed.
- Press Add Public Comment to confirm your action.
- Your comment will be visible to your supplier and users from your company account with access to the specific task to which you added the comment.
The internal comment option enables you to add a comment that will be visible to only you and users from your company account with the access to a particular task. Internal comments are not shown to your suppliers.
In order to add an internal comment to a task:
- Click on the Internal option of the Add Comment button.
- Enter your comment into the modal shown.
- Click on the Add Internal Comment button to finish adding an internal comment.
- Your internal comment is now added to the chosen task and it will be visible to only you and users from your company with the access to the task.
When your supplier adds a public comment to a task that you interact with, it will be also shown to you. To have an easy notice upon the comments added to a task, the comments are classified in 3 tabs:
- All: Shows all the comments left to a task including comments made by your supplier and internal comments.
- Internal: Lists comments available internally which means your supplier cannot view them.
- Public: Displays the public comments added from your company’s side and your supplier.