When you send a product documentation request to your supplier via ecratum, a corresponding product document task is created. In this article, you will find information about sending product document tasks and actions occur following to it:
- Sending product document tasks
- Reacting to your supplier’s response
Sending product document tasks
Like in many other features of ecratum, you can send product documentation tasks to your suppliers in different ways:
- You can send product document tasks to per supplier individually
- You can send product document tasks to multiple suppliers at once by using automation
Individual product document tasks
To start with sending individual product document tasks, you need to fulfill the given prerequisites in ecratum:
- You need to have at least one purchased product.
- You need to have at least one product document type selected.
- You need to have at least one supplier.
Once those conditions are satisfied, you can implement the following steps:
- Hover your mouse over the Add New Task button and select the Product Document Task option.
- On the new page to which you are taken, you need to select:
- a receiver company for your task
- one or more purchased products
- one or more product document types
- Once you complete the selection of these attributes, press the Create button and the respective product document task(s) will be created and sent to the receiver.
Product Document Tasks Via Automation
Besides to sending individual product document tasks, you can also use the automation feature to collect product documentation from different suppliers at once.
In order to use the automation, you need to do the following set up:
- You need to create a product group and add purchased products into that group.
- After clicking on the Add Product Group button, you will have a view where you can select the purchased products you already added from a dropdown list or you can create a new product by entering a name and code.
- To finish adding products into the product group, press the Add Products button.
Keep in mind that in addition to adding products to ecratum’s platform one by one, you are also enabled to add your purchased products in bulk using the import feature.
Read more about:
- Then, add suppliers for each product in the group by clicking on the Suppliers column. Find out more about suppliers in ecratum: Managing your suppliers
As the last step of setting up the automation, you need to add the product document types about which you want to send product documentation requests. To do that:
- Click the Add Document Types button under the Document Types section.
- Choose the product document types you want to use for automation. Read more: What do document types mean in ecratum?
- Press the Save button.
- To start the automation, click on Create Automation.
- To confirm the automation, press the Send Tasks button on the view that demonstrates the total amount of product document tasks that you are about to send and amount of receiver suppliers for them. As a result of these actions, your tasks will be sent out to the respective suppliers.
Reacting to your supplier’s response
Once your supplier receives the product document task that you send in their Inbox, different scenarios and your corresponding actions may happen. For all the tasks you send to your suppliers, you can send an instant message to them about the tasks and leave internal or public comments.
The possible cases about responses from your suppliers are listed above:
Supplier provides the correct document
After your supplier uploads a file to respond to your product document task, the task will be shown in your Inbox with the status of the review.
When you click on the task, you will be taken to the detailed view of the task that you can review and download the file that you supplier provided. If the file uploaded by your supplier is the correct document that you asked for, then you can accept it by clicking on the Accept button.
In ecratum, besides requesting product documentation from your suppliers, you can monitor the status of them easily.
You can continue to view the task and the document anytime you want even after accepting it through going to Product Documentation and finding that particular task in the list of product documentation.
Supplier provides the incorrect document
If the file that your supplier uploaded is not the document that you requested, you can reject it and your supplier will be asked to upload a new file. To reject a document:
- Click on the Reject button and write a comment that explains why the document is rejected.
- Press Reject File and the task will be sent back to your supplier.
When your supplier receives the task back after you reject it, they can upload a new file or state that they do not have the document that you requested which is explained below.
Supplier does not have the requested document
If your supplier notices that they do not have the document that you request, they have the ability to let you know that they do not have it. To do that, they simply click on the I don’t have this document button on the detailed view of the task and provide an explanation of why the requested document cannot be provided by them.
Once you receive the task back with the response of “I don’t have this document” from your supplier, it is up to you to acknowledge this status or re-request the task.
- If you click on the Acknowledge button, it will end the task life cycle and the status of the task will be Accepted ND.
- If you click Re-request, you need to write an explanation about why you are re-requesting the document and the task will be sent back again to your supplier with the status of Re-requested.