Serve your customers with Knowledge!
- How to set up the Knowledge Base
- Using the Knowledge Base as a reader
ecratum provides customer service teams with a new feature that enables them to store and manage their business content and knowledge related to their products & services and share it with their customers. The Knowledge Base lets you have an organized place where you can gather all unstructured information, manage it and distribute it to your customers.
By using the Knowledge Base, you will be able to have a central place that gives you the ability to store knowledge related to your products, services or simply any information concerning your company. You can categorize the depth of information level through creating topics and then folders within them. You can create articles in folders with options like draft article which is visible only to you or published article that is visible to your customers.
Once you start using the Knowledge Base, you will be able to:
- Store and manage unstructured knowledge.
- Distribute your business content and knowledge related to your products & services to customers and your external service team.
- Make customer service teams more efficient.
- Ensure high-quality customer satisfaction by providing a well-structured and organized Knowledge Base.
How to set up the Knowledge Base
1.Create a topic for your knowledge base
To start with the Knowledge Base, the first step that you would take is to create a topic which will gather future folders.
- Click the New Topic button and enter a topic name. In order to get further information about how to create a topic and update it, read this article: How to create a topic for your knowledge base
2.Create a folder in a topic
Once you define the outline of your content by creating a topic, you can now begin creating folders within it.
In order to access the page to create a folder, you can follow 2 different ways which lead you to the same result:
First Way: You can click on the Action button of the topic that needs folders, and press on Create folder out of the given list of options.
Second Way: Clicking on that topic's name also takes you to the page where you can create folders, without using the Action button. On the new page, click on the New Folder button.
To have more details about how you can work with folders, read this article: How to create a folder in a topic
3.Create an article in a folder
As the last step of building your content in the Knowledge Base, you need to create articles in your folders. To create an article in a folder:
- Click on your desired folder.
- Press the Add A New Article To button on the page and you will be taken to the view where you can create your article.
To learn more about how you can create an article and which actions that you can perform with it, read this article: How to create an article in a folder
4.Share your knowledge base with your customers
Once you finish building your Knowledge Base, you can share it with your customers and let them read the published content. To share your Knowledge Base with your customers:
Copy the link of your Public Knowledge Base which is located on the main view of Knowledge Base and distribute it to your customers by using your preferred channel. To have more details about how to share your Knowledge Base among your customers, read this article: How to share your knowledge base with your customers
Using the Knowledge Base as a reader
You can easily have access to your supplier's content with the help of Knowledge Base. The benefits that you will have by collaborating with a business partner that actively uses the Knowledge Base are listed as:
- Read documentation related to products and services purchased from your supplier.
- Have an organized and central place that provides quick access to all needed information.
- Save time and effort by utilizing well-organized knowledge grouped by related topics and folders.
- Easily search for information that you need.
Instead of dealing with email threads when requesting information from your supplier, Knowledge Base provides you with the ability to access a well-structured platform where all the needed information is stored. You are then able to read through the content provided by your supplier with just one click. To find out more about how you can benefit from collaborating with a business partner that actively uses Knowledge Base, read this article: How to use the Knowledge Base as a reader