In ecratum, the tasks are used to interact with your business partners. They reflect a message that you want to deliver to your collaborators or to receive from them. A task has the following attributes:
- Sender Company: The party that sends a task to a business partner and expects an action (E.g. Providing a document, answering a questionnaire, replying to a support ticket etc.)
- Receiver Company: The party that receives a task from a business partner and is expected to perform an action to respond to the task
- Status: Indicates the current state and the update occurred on a task
Depending on the ecratum product that you actively use, the task types that you can send or receive vary. In this article, you can get some insight about general task behavior and task types. To get further details, you can read related articles for the described task types by clicking on the respective links.
- Concept of tasks
- Product document task
- Evaluation task
- Corrective Action task
- Document task
- Question task
- Agreement task
- Audit task
- General task
- Support task
- Complaint task
- Contact task
Concept of tasks
Regardless of the task type, all the tasks can be used on ecratum have a generic concept:
- There are 3 locations that you can keep track of sent and received tasks:
Inbox: is the location that you can view all the tasks you receive and updates concerning the tasks that you send and receive. It is the repository that shows you all incoming actions to you.
ecratum sends you either daily or weekly reminder emails for the tasks in your Inbox. To get further information about how you can set the frequency of receiving emails from ecratum, click here.
Outbox: is the location that you can view tasks and updates that you send to your business partner.
Teambox: is the location that includes all the tasks received by all users of a company. Here, users can grab a task which was initially sent to another user and assign it to themselves.
- Keeping the track of status can be done via the Dashboard as well. Click on the Dashboard in your sidebar. You can have an overview of all your tasks here such as the ones that you need to review, confirm and so on.
- You can leave a comment on tasks by pressing the Add Comment button on the detailed view of a task which can be available to only you or your business partner as well, depending on your choice.
- You can delegate a task that is sent to you to another user from your company.
- You can determine the frequency of receiving emails for your tasks. Read this article to get further information: How can I manage my ecratum account?
Product Document Task
You can request a document about a product that you purchase from your supplier through using PDoc Collect. After fulfilling the preconditions to create a product document task, you can send a task to your supplier and receive the requested file from it. To learn how you can use PDoc Collect and send a product document task, read this article series: SRM - PDoc Collect
- In order to send a product document task to your supplier, first you need to fulfill some preconditions:
- Create a purchased product through Configuration's Purchased Product section.
You can create multiple products in a single time by using Import feature. To get more details, read this documentation: How to create/import your purchased products
- Define product document types that you request through Configuration's Product Document Types section.
- Once you fulfill the preconditions that explained above, you are now able to send a product document task to your supplier. To do so, click on the Add New Task button located on the top view of ecratum App and press Product Document Task.
- On the view to create a product document task:
- Select a receiver company from the list of your business partners
- Select one or more products that you purchase
- Select one or more product document types
- Press the Create button and your task will be sent to the concerned supplier.
- You can view the tasks that you send in your Outbox.
Your respective supplier receives the product document task that you sent in their Inbox. They can respond or delegate it to other users from her company. Once they provide the document that you ask, you will receive the response in your Inbox.
When you click on a task from your Inbox, you will be taken to the detailed view where you can review and download the file. Here, you have two options to do with the file:
- Accept it-which ends the loop for that task.
- Reject it-Provide a brief explanation for your rejection and it will be sent to your supplier who will then need to upload another file or state that they do not have that document.
- You can also add a comment to the task by pressing the Add Comment button. If you select the Business Partner option after clicking on the Add Comment button, your comment will be sent to your respective business partner. If you select Internal, it will be visible only internally.
You can regularly evaluate your suppliers through evaluation tasks. In order to send an evaluation task to your colleague that has permissions to work with the Supplier Evaluations Module:
- Subscribe to Supplier Evaluations Basic through ecratum Store and all the product-related functionalities will be activated.
- Create an evaluation cycle by clicking on Evaluation Cycles part under the Evaluations section on the Configuration. Here you can give a name to your evaluation cycle, define an evaluation range, compare it with previous evaluation cycles if they exist and define customized categories for the evaluation cycle.
- Then, start the evaluation process for a supplier group through Start Evaluation part on the Configuration.
To have detailed information about how you can work with evaluation tasks, read this article series: SRM-Supplier Evaluations
Corrective Action task
Corrective Actions is a product of ecratum that lets you view problematic incidents with your business partners and communicate over them effectively. To send a corrective action task to your business partner:
- Subscribe to Corrective Actions through ecratum Store and all the product-related functionalities will be activated.
- Create a corrective action category by going to Corrective Action Categories section located under the tab of Corrective Action Manager.
- Create a corrective action template
- Send a corrective action task by choosing a corrective action template and a receiver company.
To get further information about how you can send a corrective action task to your business partner, read this article series: SRM-Corrective Actions
By using the Supplier Documentation Module you will be able to send supplier related document tasks to your supplier in order to requests different certificates or company documents that you need from them.
To be able to use send a document task:
The needed steps to take for sending a document task:
- Select document types
- Create a document task by specifying a document type and a receiver company
To get further information about how you can send a document task to your business partner, read this article: How can I use Supplier Documentation?
ecratum Questionnaire module provides a way to automate and track supplier qualification process. By sending a Questionnaire Task to your business partners, you can :
- Create questionnaires from our catalogs of questions
- Send them out to all or sub-groups of your suppliers
- Track the progress and completion of all the questionnaires you sent out
- Review the answers (Accept/Reject) in a streamlined process
To be able to use send a questionnaire task:
To get further information about how you can send a questionnaire task to your business partner, read this article: How can I use the Questionnaire module for my supplier?
You can request your business partner to accept an agreement through sending an agreement task.
To be able to use send an agreement task:
To send an agreement task to your business partner:
- Click on the Agreement Task button out of the options listed when the Add New Task button is hovered on.
- Select an existing agreement template or create a new one.
- Select a receiver company for the task.
To get further information about how you can send an agreement task to your business partner, read this article: How can I send an agreement task?
ecratum allows you to send an audit task to your supplier to fully support you for document and information management with your business partners.
To be able to use send an audit task:
In order to send an audit task to your business partner:
- Hover your mouse over the Add New Task button and click on Audit Task out of listed options.
- Either select an existing audit or create a new one. To create a new audit:
- Select a supplier that you want to send the audit task.
- Select a receiver group.
- Enter a location.
- State a contact person from your company who can be contacted by the receiver company.
- Enter additional information if needed.
- Enter a date when the audit is conducted.
- Upload an audit report file in PDF format.
- Press Create Audit button.
- Add a task to the created audit.
To get further information about how you can send an audit task to your business partner, read this article: How can I send an audit task?
General tasks are used for defining the business or communication processes that do not belong to other specific task types such as Document Tasks, Question Tasks etc.
Apart from the other type of tasks, general tasks cannot be only sent to the companies that you are connected to, but also a particular user in your company.
To be able to use send a general task:
To send a general task:
- Click on the Add New Task button and select General Task as task type
- Select the type of user. Here, there are 2 cases:
- The receiver can be a user of your company. If this is selected, choose the respective user who will receive the task.
- The task can be sent to a company that is in your connections.
- Enter a subject for the task
- Write a description for the task
- Upload files (optional)
If you subscribe to Support Tickets, you can start receiving support requests from your customers in a ticket form.
If you are a customer that uses a supplier's Support Portal to reflect your requests, you will be able to send support tasks to that specific supplier. To get further information about how Support Tickets work, read this article: CSM-Support Tickets
If you subscribe to Customer Complaints feature, you can start receiving complaint tasks from your customers as a part of the ticketing system.
If you are a customer that uses a supplier's Complaint Portal to reflect your complaints, you will be able to send complaint tasks to that particular supplier. To learn more about how Customer Complaints work, read this article: CSM-Customer Complaints
ecratum allows you to get needed contact information from your business partners through sending a contact task. You can request a person's contact information from your business partner. You need to follow the given steps to send a contact task to your business partner:
- Click on the Add New Task button located on the top of your view and then press the Contact Task option.
On the new view to which you are taken, do the following:
- Select a receiver company for your contact task
- Select a contact category
- Select a contact type
- Press the Create button and the contact that will be sent to the respective receiver.
Through your business partner's Mini Dashboard, you send a contact task to them and view all answered contact tasks. To do so:
Please sign in to leave a comment.