ecratum makes the supplier approval process easy by improving the communication between departments and ensuring all team members are on the same page. Supplier Approval is an internal tool that is making the approval process visible among departments. This approval is made based on Supplier Related data and Product Related information gathered from suppliers.
Using Supplier Approval, you can:
- Improve the collaboration between your Quality Management and Purchasing teams.
- Always have the latest status information in one click.
- Adapt your approval process for each supplier: unlimited/limited in time.
- Be 365 audit-ready.
To be able to use the Supplier Approval Module, firstly the following conditions must be met:
- Your company holds the subscription of a Custom Plan
- You are given permissions to use the Supplier Approval Module by the plan subscriber of the Custom Plan.
When you meet the criteria explained above, you will have the Supplier Approval Module activated for your account.
What Can You Do Using This Internal Tool?
- With Supplier Approval you will be able to approve the suppliers you are working with, based on information that you have regarding them. This approval will be visible to your company and will help to facilitate the communication and the efficiency of your business relationships. On the other side, the supplier users will not be aware or notified regarding the approval.
- As a Purchasing or Quality representative, you can change the current approval status for any supplier at any time! You will be able to update the status based on the latest information.
- When going through this process, you will be able to choose the following approval states for your suppliers:
- Approved Until
- You can monitor the status of the approval process for each of the suppliers by accessing the My Supplier group. In the column Approval Status you can see the two icons:
- Star= Quality
- Shopping Cart = Purchasing
- When you want more details on the history of the approval status for each of the supplier, you can do it through accessing View Approval History and you will find a more detailed view and check the timeline of the process.
- To start the Supplier Approval, first you have to access the My Suppliers group under the Business Partners entry on the sidebar.
- After clicking on My Supplier, you will be retracted to the view with all of your listed suppliers.
- To start the approval process, you have to click on the Action button and from the drop-down choose: Edit Approval
- On the next step, you can do the approval regarding Quality and Purchasing.
- You can chose the following for each supplier:
- Approved until
If you choose the option Approved until you will have to fill out the date until this approval is valid. You have to note that choosing the date does not implicate any further consequence in terms of your current relations with the supplier.
- In the end, click on Update to save your choice.
You can update an existing supplier approval status anytime you want. You just need to follow the same steps that you have done to do the first approval and change the status of the approval.
Monitor Supplier Approval Status
- On the My Suppliers view you can check the Approval Status for each of the suppliers by looking at the Approval Status column.
The star icon represents the Quality Approval where as the shopping chart icon stands for the Purchasing Approval.
The color of the icons will be changed based on the Approval Status that you set for the suppliers.
- Red color means the approval status is Rejected
- The green color stands for Approved and Approved Until
- When the icons have no color than the status is Waitlist
- If you would like to have a more detailed view for each supplier on the list, you can achieve this by choosing the View Approval History option from the drop-down menu.
- In the detailed view, the information regarding Approval Status is organized by: ID, Action Type, Action Detail and Time User
As the process of approving suppliers has to be based on some previous supplier related data and product related information, it is important to have a view on the data received from them.
- You can get this by clicking on Document files and Product files on the drop-down list.
- If you click on Document files, you will be redirected to the page that is shown in the picture and you can have a better task view regarding that specific supplier.